|Northwood FTP ServerNorthwood has implemented a secure FTP server for Northwood provider’s to use to directly submit HIPAA electronic claims with Northwood. Provider’s can access the server using an Internet connection and any secure FTP client software.
Northwood Provider Electronic Claim Processing ApplicationNorthwood is now accepting applications from its provider’s to establish a direct electronic claims account and begin testing.
The required steps in the application and testing process are as follows:
- All participants must belong to the Northwood provider network and must have executed a provider contract with Northwood. If you are not a Northwood provider please contact email@example.com for further information on becoming a Northwood provider.
- Please complete and sign a Northwood Provider Electronic Claim Processing Application and fax the completed form to Northwood’s Information System Coordinator at (586)755-3733. A link to the PDF is included on the previous page.
- Once your application has been processed Northwood will mail your connection information and the Northwood Production Notification form to the designated provider contact.
- Once you receive your connection information you can test your secure connection to the Northwood FTP server. If your technical contact needs assistance they may contact Northwood at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you have connected to the Northwood FTP server you will see two folders in your FTP home directory: in and out. Your in folder will be empty and you can use this folder to deposit your electronic claim processing test file. Your out folder is where you will retrieve your electronic claim processing acknowledgement files. Northwood will email a notification to the designated provider contacts whenever a provider’s outbox folder has been updated.
- Once Northwood has received, processed, and approved your electronic claim processing test file you will be notified by email that Northwood has updated your out folder with acknowledgement files. Once you have reviewed the response files you must complete the Northwood Production Notification form and fax the completed form to Northwood’s Information System Coordinator at (586)755-3733. This form will notify Northwood that you are ready to begin exchanging production electronic claim information.
If there is a problem with your test file Northwood will notify your designated provider contact by email.
If you have any questions please contact Northwood’s Information System Coordinator at email@example.com.